Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @upulie: SCIENCE IS CULTURE. YOU CAN DEAL. 1 hour ago
- Is there a name for when an ordinary english word becomes jargon in a field? e.g. "charm" and "color" in particle physics. 1 hour ago
- RT @carlzimmer: I’ll be telling a story for @story_collider ’s fourth-anniversary celebration on May 7 in Brooklyn storycollider.org/shows/2014-05-… 2 hours ago
- RT @GarlandCat: Ready for science + improv Friday night craziness? Yes you are! Come with! @BenLillie @thankyourobot 10 hours ago
- Headed to see an astronomy talk in a dive bar. LIVING IN THE FUTURE! #scicomm 17 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies