Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @PlanetDr: TIL that instruments built @AMNH get a tour of museum before getting shipped to the telescope. (Now here's the T-Rex...) I <3… 2 hours ago
- RT @roseveleth: This week in not terrible video game related news: games could make you healthier theverge.com/2014/10/24/703… by @virginiahughes 3 hours ago
- The y-axis on this graph: linear linear linear LOG linear. informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations… (via @virginiahughes) 3 hours ago
- RT @PaulGAllen: I'm committing at least $100M to #TackleEbola. Join me in helping those responding to this outbreak at http://t.co/6Nd1JWfP… 3 hours ago
- .@zeynep on why to really panic over Ebola: "how ineffective our global decision-making infrastructure has become." medium.com/message/ebola-… 5 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies