Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- Is there really no robot emoji? 9 hours ago
- Oh no! Martin Perl just passed away. Nobel for discovering the tau lepton. Widely know for being a great person. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Le… 10 hours ago
- (Seriously, that's a really weird, bad idea @johnhawks is writing about in the last tweet.) 11 hours ago
- PSA "many people around the world carry potentially harmful parasites… Shooting these up your anus is a bad idea." johnhawks.net/weblog/reviews… 11 hours ago
- "If your company's trying to conquer the world… being a dick might be the best PR strategy of all." theawl.com/2014/09/uber-o… via @tcarmody 1 day ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies