Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @tomscott: I just found out that replying to a promoted tweet, even just with heckling, costs the promoter between 50¢ and $5. Use that … 1 hour ago
- RT @TheOnion: Groundbreaking Young Adult Novel Features Protagonist Who’s A Bit Of A Loner onion.com/1sciWtE http://t.co/sclIF6zL0w 3 hours ago
- .@tcarmody nails what's wrong with the @okcupid studies: kottke.org/14/08/the-prob… 4 hours ago
- RT @onthemedia: We're doing a show about reporting beats that are disappearing. Used to be covered - isn't anymore. You guys have ideas? 5 hours ago
- Love @vero_greenwood's ode to ramen noodles: nytimes.com/2014/08/03/mag… 5 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies