Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @wfryer: Fascinating podcast tale of dream analysis- The Story Collider: Stephon Alexander: Physics Dreams pca.st/JOeO 3 hours ago
- RT @roseveleth: Have y'all read the Wikipedia page about science journalism recently? It's pretty funny/interesting: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_j… 3 hours ago
- RT @tvjrennie: Anyone? MT @BenLillie: Do you know of sociology/etc. study of effects of NASA's images being public domain? Would love to se… 3 hours ago
- RT @UnSlutProject: Leaked nude photos isn't a 'scandal.' It's a sex crime: onforb.es/1oybOCs by @ScottMendelson via @SbethCaplin #unsl… 3 hours ago
- Point being, there was a major theft & violation, so major media outlets are illustrating it with glamor photos of the victims? 3 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies