Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @laurahelmuth: Here’s where we stand with #Ebola. Smart take with updates and biggest concerns by @aetiology slate.com/articles/healt… via … 1 hour ago
- RT @shanpalus: #askafactchecker Q: who needs a fact checker? A: everyone! RT@ldattaro oh no. hope @neiltyson gets back to him soon http://t… 1 hour ago
- RT @edfrenkel: I talk @story_collider about what happened when hatred & bigotry tried to crush my dream of becoming mathematician: https://… 2 hours ago
- RT @garwboy: "All child actors end up totally messed up" [Watches Emma Watson UN speech] "...WHY IS NOTHING EVER CONSISTENT!!?!?" 3 hours ago
- Boston! In town to host the @story_collider show at Oberon tomorrow. Hope to see you all there! storycollider.org/shows/2014-09-… 3 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies