Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @ErinHBarker: I'm on @TheMoth Radio Hour this week! Check it out! Also stories from @adamwade, Steve Zimmer & HS tellers! http://t.co/68… 1 hour ago
- RT @story_collider: New podcast: @Jack_ElHai worries about his own state of mind when he writes about the psychiatrist at Nuremberg: https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @upulie: SUCH CAESAR VERY BURY NO PRAISE WOW 7 hours ago
- RT @LydiaBreakfast: ++Thought provoking take on the confidence gap "You can't self-help away deeply-ingrained structural discrimination." h… 9 hours ago
- RT @matthaig1: Hey genre snobs, Shakespeare did fantasy (Tempest), thrillers (Macbeth), comedies (As You Like It), YA (Romeo & Juliet) & er… 9 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies