Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- RT @benhuh: I can't even begin to fathom this article: DT Palo Alto zoning laws don't allow coding? (Via @bfeld) https://t.co/lFAgUEvnkf 15 hours ago
- Out tomorrow! I read draft chapters of this and can. not. wait. to read the whole thing: amazon.com/dp/1451678940/… https://t.co/SYHGAHeTzD 17 hours ago
- Just saw Cap America, and my strongest feeling was, "Huh, Martin Freeman is in the MCU now?" 1 day ago
- RT @iamscicomm: Walking and talking to audience members abt why they come to @nerdniteSF. First set said they came on first date here and a… 1 day ago
- RT @iamscicomm: Science event organizers talk so much about learning and engagement. Crowd here @nerdniteSF says fun, food, friends. 1 day ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies