Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- Oops. Looks like I misspelled "Weehawken." Time to call it a night. 5 hours ago
- (Which, if you've never read it, is the finest piece of absurdist burrito/tech writing in the history of ever: idlewords.com/2007/04/the_al… ) 5 hours ago
- WAIT. I just realized this is by the same guy who wrote the Alameda-Weehauken Burrito Tunnel twitter.com/BenLillie/stat… 5 hours ago
- Super-hard trivia question: name a major epic adventure movie that John Williams *didn't* score. 6 hours ago
- Whoa. End of an era. Standing in line for Moth SLAMs used to be a rite of passage. http://t.co/uTTdacJsvS 15 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies