Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- Oof, yuck. twitter.com/virginiahughes… 8 hours ago
- RT @cdnsciencepub: ❤ when scientists are starstruck by scientists! @story_collider & @kejames on how to think of yourself an astronaut. htt… 8 hours ago
- RT @JenLucPiquant: Misusing Galileo to criticise the Galileo gambit thonyc.wordpress.com/2015/08/26/mis… 11 hours ago
- Yay! @edyong209's first for @TheAtlantic! Seems he decided to start with the small, easy, uncontroversial stuff. twitter.com/edyong209/stat… 13 hours ago
- RT @ZachWeiner: Only 200 BAHFest East general admission tickets remain! bahfest.com/#east Please buy soon so you don't have to pretend… 15 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies