Once a year DonorsChoose challenges bloggers to raise money for teachers in public schools. It’s a great program; each teacher submits a proposal for a specific project and the donors fund the ones they like. Since I don’t have a completely monstrous readership, I’ll toss my support to the team at Cosmic Variance. They are, after all, my “blogparents”.
- Happy don't bother reading the internet day everyone! 4 hours ago
- RT @ZachWeiner: Make up entire books of bullshit pseudoscience and you're a genius. Plagiarize a few quotes while you're at it, and you're … 15 hours ago
- Car to the airport in Germany, train from the airport in America. I think I did that wrong. 16 hours ago
- RT @ErinHBarker: NO JOKE: Tomorrow's show at @koshlandscience in DC is going to be SO MUCH FUN. storycollider.org/shows/2015-04-… 16 hours ago
- 10 hours w/o internet. Dealt with the bulk of my email in 10 mins and got a lot of writing done in the meantime. There's a lesson here... 17 hours ago
- 365 Days of Astronomy accident Amusing Anecdote Astronomy ATLAS Battlestar Galactica Birthday Black holes Carl Sagan Causes Colbert Creativity Dark Matter Documentary DonorsChoose Dragons Earthquakes Earthscope Education Election End of the World Evolution Excuses Flavor games Geology Ghosts Higgs Hubble iSeismograph LHC MacBook Mars Mathematical Models Media Meta Metal-eating bacteria Movies NASA Neil deGrasse Tyson Neil Gaiman Nobel Nuclear War Obama Outreach Particle Physics parties Physics podcast Politics Pontification Popular media Predictions Pseudoscience Rainbows Research Science Science and Art Science and Culture Second Life serendipity Spore Statistics Stoppard Stories Survior: Universe Tadpoles Tevatron The Atom Smashers The Sun Tooth fairies TV United Nations Warp Drive Zombies